WELCOME TO EARLY REGISTRATION FOR FACS XVIII!
Full Registrations for the FACS XVIII Symposium include:
• Access to the conference (17 plenary lectures and 16 keynote lectures)
• Access to two poster sessions (Monday the 8th and Tuesday the 9th, includes beverages and light snacks)
• Symposium Book of Abstracts (Lectures and Posters, Index of Participants and Sponsors)
• Coffee/tea breaks during the conference
• 4 Nights deluxe accommodation at the Emeline (the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th June, 2020)
• 4 Breakfasts (the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th June, 2020) • 4 Lunches (the 8th, 9th, 10th, and *11th June, 2020)
[*11th lunch will be box lunch for ‘grab & go’ flexibility. YOU MUST REQUEST BOX LUNCH within your package!]
• 2 Dinners (regular dinner on Monday the 8th, and the Gala Dinner on Wednesday the 10th)
• 2 Receptions (Welcome Mixer on Sunday the 8th and Wine Tasting with cheese on Tuesday the 9th)
• Conference Excursion to Fort Sumter (Wednesday the 10th, includes boat ride and historic tour. YOU MUST SELECT EXCURSION within your package!)
Package A: Full Academic Registration: $1,600 USD (includes all listed items above)
Package B: Full Industry/Government Registration: $1,800 USD (includes all listed items above)
Package C: Student/Postdoc Day Rate: $200 USD/day (includes lectures/poster session attendance (Monday and/or Tuesday), snacks and lunch at Emeline on scheduled day(s)) Select Dates of Attendance (1-3 days): Monday, June 8th Tuesday, June 9th Wednesday, June 10th
Package D: Exhibitor Registration: $1,800 USD (for company representatives who will describe products or services via poster presentations or demonstrations)
Package E: Non-Participant Guest Registration: $800 USD (includes lodging for an additional room occupant, meals at Emeline and social programs. For more information see below)
Guests will not require an automobile during this meeting. If you choose to bring one on-site, please note the Emeline charges $34/day (subject to change) for parking.
Information for Accompanying Persons (Non-Participant Guests):FACS conferences have traditionally welcomed the attendance of accompanying persons.
In 2020, our meeting will convene in Charleston, South Carolina. The beautiful Emeline Hotel and Conference Center is located adjacent to the historic district. Walking from the Emeline to the harbor edge at Battery Park reveals a vibrant city at the dawn of the American Revolution. Many homes and churches are distinguished with informational signs (National Registry of Historic Places). General Lafayette was a frequent visitor in several of these Charleston homes during the Revolutionary War. Art galleries, fashion boutiques and antique dealers are within a short walk from Emeline. Charleston is also a food destination, offering a variety of restaurants and cuisines.
The U.S. Parks Service operates guided tours of the National Memorial at Fort Sumter, the site of the opening battle of the American Civil War. (This tour is included in the Non-Participant Guest registration fee, but YOU MUST SELECT IT IN YOUR PACKAGE TO ENSURE YOUR RESERVATION on Wednesday, the 10th.) Tours are also available of the USS Yorktown, a WWII vintage aircraft carrier, and nearby restored plantations are also open to visitors.
Your trip to Charleston may also include plans for extending your stay after the conference for a long weekend vacation. Kiawah Island is a popular oceanfront location (one-hour drive) and Amelia Island is a similar destination (four-hour drive from Charleston).